The lecture series on the Holocaust which had been postponed by Utrecht’s hbo college, causing a media storm, will go ahead a week later than originally planned, co-organiser Cidi, said on social media.
The week’s delay is enough time to make sure that security provisions are up to scratch, Cidi, the Israel information centre, said. The five-part lecture series, which costs €150, will now start on February 7.
The college was earlier slammed by Cidi, politicians and commentators for cancelling the talks and the Telegraaf claimed it had given in to pressure from a pro-Palestine campaign group.
The college itself first said the postponement was needed “to organise a balanced dialogue about the subject” given current dynamics. It later said that the delay was on security grounds.
There is, as yet, no mention of the lecture series going ahead on the college website.
Thank you for donating to DutchNews.nl.
We could not provide the Dutch News service, and keep it free of charge, without the generous support of our readers. Your donations allow us to report on issues you tell us matter, and provide you with a summary of the most important Dutch news each day.Make a donation