Writing for Dutch News
Dutch News has a small team of professional journalists and we do accept items for publication from freelancers.
Unfortunately, we cannot offer internships or work experience places for logistical reasons and Dutch News is not a recognised leerbedrijf.
To pitch your ideas, please take note of the following:
The subject matter should have a strong Dutch angle and be original.
You do not need to be a native English speaker but you do need to be fluent and experienced in writing in English. You must also be prepared to be edited!
If you have an idea you think would be suitable for DutchNews.nl, please email firstname.lastname@example.org including:
- Brief synopsis (including suggestions for interviewees)
- Explain why you think this would be interesting for DN readers
- A rough deadline
- An outline of your journalistic experience to date
- At least one example of a piece of original work and/or references
- If you have any personal or commercial interest in the subject matter, you should make this clear to the editor