Third teenager arrested over Majorca attacks, more witnesses come forward
A third person has been arrested as part of the investigation into several violent attacks by Dutch nationals on the holiday island of Majorca, which left one man dead.
The 18-year-old, from Hilversum, is suspected of being a party to manslaughter, attempted manslaughter and public violence, police said on Friday. The arrest was made after police studied new footage provided by an eyewitness.
Two others, aged 18 and 19, remain in custody. They too are said to have had a role in the death of 27-year-old Carlo Heuvelman from Waddinxveen, who died in hospital after being kicked repeatedly in the head.
So far 13 witnesses have come forward and nine people have made police complaints about being attacked.
Despite initial assurance they would be tried in Spain the Spanish judge handed the case over to the Dutch public prosecution department, reportedly because it was deemed too complex and difficult because the group, 13 in total, absconded from the island shortly after the event.
The police said they expect to make more arrests.
Thank you for donating to DutchNews.nl.
We could not provide the Dutch News service, and keep it free of charge, without the generous support of our readers. Your donations allow us to report on issues you tell us matter, and provide you with a summary of the most important Dutch news each day.Make a donation