Two people who drove a rally car into the public at an event in Leende, in Noord Brabant, will face charges of attempted murder, police said on Monday.
A 21-year-old man and 17-year-old girl were arrested after the car drove at the crowd and will appear in court for a remand hearing on Wednesday.
The incident happened at the end of the autocross event during the prize ceremony, when one participant demanded his money back because the final race had been scrapped, local media reported.
Police said they are still trying to find out who was at the wheel of the car when it drove at the crowd, injuring two men, a woman and a 14-year-old boy. The three adults, all Belgian nationals, are still being treated in hospital for leg injuries.
Next week’s event has now been cancelled, the organisers said.
Thank you for donating to DutchNews.nl.
We could not provide the Dutch News service, and keep it free of charge, without the generous support of our readers. Your donations allow us to report on issues you tell us matter, and provide you with a summary of the most important Dutch news each day.Make a donation