A Dutch couple who went on a violent rampage through the Netherlands and Germany last year should be jailed for 16 and 14 years, the public prosecutor said on Friday.
Antonio van der Ploeg and Enise Bercan, who were 25 and 19 at the time, are appearing in court in Assen charged with ‘a string of very serious offences’, the prosecutor said.
The couple were arrested in Germany after a cross-border police chase in February 2014. They face charges relating to a carjacking and shooting in Enschede, the kidnapping of a woman in Meppel and a robbery at a house in Brabant.
‘They used a great deal of violence to avoid the police. Van der P showed no limits and B went along with it,’ the prosecutor told the court.
According to news agency ANP, the couple showed little emotion in court and sat next to each other during the hearing with their hands entwined.
Thank you for donating to DutchNews.nl.
We could not provide the Dutch News service, and keep it free of charge, without the generous support of our readers. Your donations allow us to report on issues you tell us matter, and provide you with a summary of the most important Dutch news each day.Make a donation