If Formula One racing does return to the Zandvoort circuit in 2020, visitors will only be able to buy a ticket if they come by bike, public transport or have a hotel stay booked nearby, the race organisers say.
‘We don’t want people to turn up and then try and park,’ Erik Lievers, a strategic advisor to the team planning to bring back the Grand Prix, told a meeting of locals on Tuesday, broadcaster NOS reported.
Some 200,000 people are expected to show up for the race and talks are already underway with NS about train capacity. Large spaces will also be set aside for buses bringing supporters to the track.
Earlier this month it emerged that Formula One Management has reached an agreement in principle with the Zandvoort race track to stage a Grand Prix in 2020, 2021 and 2022.
For this to go ahead, agreement has to be reached on the financing by the end of next month. The government has already said it will not contribute financially.
Assen too is keen to stage a Grand Prix and says that it has both the finances in order and that there will be no traffic and transport problems.
DutchNews.nl has been free for 12 years, but now we are asking our readers to help. Your donation will enable us to keep providing you with fair and accurate news and features about all things Dutch.
Donate via Ideal, credit card or Paypal.