The Market for Smoking Tobacco in the Netherlands, 2019 – Imperial Tobacco and BAT have Dominated Sales; However, in Recent Years, Other Suppliers & Private Label Brands Have Proliferated – ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Smoking
Tobacco in the Netherlands, 2019” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s
Smoking Tobacco in the Netherlands, 2019 is an
analytical report that provides extensive and highly detailed current
and future market trends in the Dutch tobacco market. It covers market
size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption.
Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and
forecasts for sales and consumption until 2028.
The Netherlands is one of the largest and most important markets for
smoking tobacco, principally cigarette tobacco. The use of shag or
cigarette tobacco for hand-rolling has been a long-established tradition
in the Netherlands and smoking tobacco accounted for 36.8% of the total
tonnage of tobacco products consumed in 2018. The production of smoking
tobacco in the Netherlands is quite extensive as it remains a major
Select Report Findings
- The Netherlands is the second-largest market for smoking tobacco in
Europe after Germany.
- The cigarette tobacco sector remains dominant, accounting for 99.9% of
the smoking tobacco consumed in 2018, or 6,170 tons.
- All types of smoking tobacco (FCT and pipe) are subject to the same
levels of duty and taxation.
- The Dutch smoking tobacco market has traditionally been a duopoly,
with two major multinationals – Imperial Tobacco and BAT – dominating
sales. However, in recent years, other suppliers and private label
brands have proliferated.
Reasons to Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and
marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid
effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental
shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes –
prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your
position and to identify where to compete in the future.
- Imperial Tobacco Nederland
- BAT Nederland
- Heupink & Bloemen
Key Topics Covered
- Executive summary
- Market context
- Tobacco products market, %, 2008 & 2018
- Tobacco products market, tons, 2008-2018
- Market size and structure
- Consumption of smoking tobacco, tons, 2008-2018
- Per capita consumption of smoking tobacco, grams per year, 2008-2018
- Market segmentation by FCT and pipe tobacco, 2008-2018
- Cigarette consumption, MYO/RYO tobacco, 2008-2018
- Cigarette consumption, Manufactured v RYO/MYO, 2008-2018
- Production and trade
- Production of smoking tobacco, tons 2007-2017
- Imports, tons, 2007-2017
- Imports by country of origin, %, 2017
- Imports in packs, volume, 2007-2017
- Imports in packs, value, 2007-2017
- Exports, tons, 2007-2017
- Exports by country of destination, %, 2017
- Exports, volume, 2007-2017
- Exports, value, 2007-2017
- Taxation and retail prices
- Smoking Tobacco: Tax Incidence, 2008-2018
- EU: Fine-Cut Tobacco, Tax Incidence Comparison, 2018
- FCT: Retail Prices, 2013 & 2014
- Manufacturers and brands
- Fine-Cut Tobacco: Manufacturer Shares, Volume, %, 2007-2017
- Fine-Cut Tobacco: Brand Family Shares, Volume, % 2008 & 2011-2017
- RYO: Manufacturer Shares, Volume, %, 2011-2015
- RYO: Brand Family shares, Volume, %, 2011-2015
- RYO: Private Label Brand Family Shares, Volume, %, 2012-2015
- MYO: Manufacturer Shares, Volume, %, 2011-2015
- MYO: Brand Family Shares, Volume, %, 2011-2015
- Company profiles
- The smoking population
- Adult Smoking Prevalence by Gender, %, 2007-2017
- Smoking prevalence among males, by age, 2001, 2005, 2009
- Smoking prevalence among females, by age, 2001, 2005, 2009
- Smoking prevalence by age, %, 2013
- Operating constraints
- Advertising restrictions
- Heath warnings and labelling requirements
- Other restrictions
- Cigarette Tobacco: Sales by Type of Outlet, 2004-2015
- Prospects and forecasts
- Fine-cut tobacco consumption, pieces million, 2018-2028
- Per capita consumption, grams per year, 2018-2028
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/9rvqg9
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
Thank you for donating to DutchNews.nl.
We could not provide the Dutch News service, and keep it free of charge, without the generous support of our readers. Your donations allow us to report on issues you tell us matter, and provide you with a summary of the most important Dutch news each day.Make a donation