DutchNews.nl - DutchNews.nl brings daily news from The Netherlands in English 20 May 2026
Newsletter Donate Advertise
  • News
  • Life in the Netherlands
  • Jobs
  • Partner content
  • Podcast
  • Advertise
  • About us
  • Search
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • Art and culture
  • Sport
  • Europe
  • Society
  • Environment
  • Health
  • Housing
  • Education
  • News
    • Home
    • Economy
    • Politics
    • Art and culture
    • Sport
    • Europe
    • Society
    • Environment
    • Health
    • Housing
    • Education
  • Life in the Netherlands
    • Latest
    • Opinion
    • Books
    • Travel
    • 10 Questions
    • Learning Dutch
    • Inburgering with DN
    • Food & Drink
    • Ask us anything
  • Jobs
  • Partner content
  • Podcast
  • Advertise
  • About us
    • Donate
    • Team
    • Advertise
    • Contact us
    • Writing for Dutch News
    • Privacy
    • Newsletter
  • Search

Football coach who filmed 500 children facing 7 years in prison

May 20, 2026
Statue of justice.
Photo: Depositphotos.com

A football coach who filmed hundreds of boys as young as nine in the changing rooms is facing seven years in prison.

The 39-year-old man from Vlissingen, Robin J., secretly made the recordings at various football clubs in Zeeland during a 15-year period starting in 2010.

He only stopped when police raided his home last year when a former pupil reported an allegation of sexual abuse years after the event, after telling the story to his mother.

Officers found 27,000 images of children on his computer, which were organised in folders by club, team and year. Local newspaper PZC said between 500 and 600 children aged between nine and 15 could be identified in the photographs.

J. admitted the offence but said he had not shared the images with anybody else. The prosecution service said there was no evidence he physically abused anyone other than the person who filed the complaint.

Prosecutors asked the district court in Middelburg to impose a prison sentence of seven years and ban J. from working with children for 10 years. The court will deliver its verdict in two weeks’ time.

Share this article Add DutchNews to Google
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • LinkedIn
  • Reddit
  • Copy URL
Crime Sexual abuse
Thank you for donating to DutchNews.nl.

We could not provide the Dutch News service, and keep it free of charge, without the generous support of our readers. Your donations allow us to report on issues you tell us matter, and provide you with a summary of the most important Dutch news each day.

Make a donation
Latest
Show more
Asylum riot arrests reveal scale of outside involvement
Dutch slavery toll five times official figure, book argues
Major Dutch banks reverse crypto policies and back EU stablecoin
Close-up of the front of a Dutch fire engine
Industrial site zoned off after asbestos released in fire
Amsterdam issues 2000 emergency supply kits to poor households
NewsHomeEconomyPoliticsArt and cultureSportEuropeSocietyEnvironmentHealthHousingEducation
Life in the NetherlandsLatestOpinionBooksTravel10 QuestionsLearning DutchInburgering with DNFood & DrinkAsk us anything
Partner content
Advertise
About usDonateTeamAdvertiseContact usWriting for Dutch NewsPrivacyNewsletter
© 2026 DutchNews | Cookie settings

Help us to keep providing you with up-to-date news about this month's Dutch general election.

Our thanks to everyone who donates regularly to Dutch News. It costs money to produce our daily news service, our original features and daily newsletters, and we could not do it without you.

If you have not yet made a donation, or did so a while ago, you can do so via these links

The DutchNews.nl team

Donate now

Dutchnews Survey

Please help us making DutchNews.nl a better read by taking part in a short survey.

Take part now