Sixth man arrested in Majorca assault case
Police have arrested a sixth Dutchman in connection with two assaults in Majorca, the public prosecution office has said.
The 18-year-old man from Hilversum allegedly formed part of the gang of youths who are alleged to have attacked two Dutch holidaymakers in El Arenal in on July 14. He is facing charges of suspected manslaughter and affray.
Carlo Heuvelman, 27 from Waddinxveen, died in hospital after he was kicked in the head. In a separate incident earlier in the evening another man was kicked in the head and seriously wounded.
The public prosecution service (OM) said the 18-year-old suspect’s home has been searched, but did not say if anything had been found. He will appear before a judge on Friday.
All six suspects remain custody as the OM continues to hear more witness statements, including in Spain. The justice department has not ruled out further arrests.
Thank you for donating to DutchNews.nl.
We could not provide the Dutch News service, and keep it free of charge, without the generous support of our readers. Your donations allow us to report on issues you tell us matter, and provide you with a summary of the most important Dutch news each day.Make a donation