DutchNews.nl - DutchNews.nl brings daily news from The Netherlands in English 23 May 2026
Newsletter Donate Advertise
  • News
  • Life in the Netherlands
  • Jobs
  • Partner content
  • Podcast
  • Advertise
  • About us
  • Search
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • Art and culture
  • Sport
  • Europe
  • Society
  • Environment
  • Health
  • Housing
  • Education
  • News
    • Home
    • Economy
    • Politics
    • Art and culture
    • Sport
    • Europe
    • Society
    • Environment
    • Health
    • Housing
    • Education
  • Life in the Netherlands
    • Latest
    • Opinion
    • Books
    • Travel
    • 10 Questions
    • Learning Dutch
    • Inburgering with DN
    • Food & Drink
    • Ask us anything
  • Jobs
  • Partner content
  • Podcast
  • Advertise
  • About us
    • Donate
    • Team
    • Advertise
    • Contact us
    • Writing for Dutch News
    • Privacy
    • Newsletter
  • Search

Telegraaf names De Vries shooting suspects as investigation continues

July 8, 2021
People lay flowers at the site where Pieter R. de Vries was shot in July 2021. Photo: Dutch News

See more DutchNews articles in your Google search results

See more DutchNews articles in your Google search results

Add as a favourite source on Google Add DutchNews as a favourite source on Google
Photo: DutchNews.nl

The two men arrested in connection with the shooting of crime journalist Peter R de Vries have been named in by the Telegraaf as Delano G and Kamil E, both of whom, the paper says, have had earlier run ins with the police.

Delano G, a 21-year-old from Rotterdam is thought to be the shooter, the paper said. The second man is Kamil E from Maurik in Gelderland, who was the driver of the getaway car.

He is said to live with his highly pregnant wife and children in an ordinary house in the village but may have been arrested last week for making threats. Polish television station TVN42 also claims he is wanted in Poland for theft and robbery.

The two were arrested on the Leidschendam slip road from the A4 motorway after the car they were in was identified using eye witnesses, surveillance footage and the ANPR number plate recognition system, the Telegraaf said.

The investigation into the attack on De Vries is ongoing. The two suspects will appear in court for a remand hearing on Friday.

Share this article Add DutchNews to Google
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • LinkedIn
  • Reddit
  • Copy URL
Crime Society
Thank you for donating to DutchNews.nl.

We could not provide the Dutch News service, and keep it free of charge, without the generous support of our readers. Your donations allow us to report on issues you tell us matter, and provide you with a summary of the most important Dutch news each day.

Make a donation
Latest
Show more
Dutch agree to ban import in goods from Occupied Territories
US tech firms share Dutch regulator officials’ names with senate
Two Dutch men arrested for aiding Russian cyberattacks
All 27 on board Hondius test negative for hantavirus
Minister wants answers from councils with no refugee housing
NewsHomeEconomyPoliticsArt and cultureSportEuropeSocietyEnvironmentHealthHousingEducation
Life in the NetherlandsLatestOpinionBooksTravel10 QuestionsLearning DutchInburgering with DNFood & DrinkAsk us anything
Partner content
Advertise
About usDonateTeamAdvertiseContact usWriting for Dutch NewsPrivacyNewsletter
© 2026 DutchNews | Cookie settings

Help us to keep providing you with up-to-date news about this month's Dutch general election.

Our thanks to everyone who donates regularly to Dutch News. It costs money to produce our daily news service, our original features and daily newsletters, and we could not do it without you.

If you have not yet made a donation, or did so a while ago, you can do so via these links

The DutchNews.nl team

Donate now

Dutchnews Survey

Please help us making DutchNews.nl a better read by taking part in a short survey.

Take part now