The man convicted of killing populist politician Pim Fortuyn in 2004 has gone to court to have the requirement that he report to the probation services every three weeks dropped, the Telegraaf said on Monday.
Volkert van der Graaf says the condition is making it impossible for him to emigrate, the paper said. The 48-year-old said earlier that he wanted to start a new life in Germany.
Van der Graaf was freed in May 2014 under strict conditions, having served two-thirds of an 18-year sentence.
Fortuyn, was shot dead in a car park in Hilversum as he left a recording studio, nine days before the 2002 general election.
Thank you for donating to DutchNews.nl.
We could not provide the Dutch News service, and keep it free of charge, without the generous support of our readers. Your donations allow us to report on issues you tell us matter, and provide you with a summary of the most important Dutch news each day.Make a donation