More complaints have been made against a worker at an after-school club near Hilversum who was arrested last week when two sisters reported they had been sexually abused by the man.
Police said at the time they did not have any indications that the man, who had an official certificate of good behaviour, had offended before. Now, however, ‘more parents’ have come forward saying their children may also have been abused, the public prosecution department said.
The department did not say how many children are involved but did confirm all are girls and the abuse is said to have happened at the same location in De Bilt. However, a spokesman told the Telegraaf that fewer than five new claims have been made.
The 27-year-old man, who had worked for the childcare group Partou for five years, has reportedly admitted abusing the two sisters.
He will appear in court on August 31 for a remand hearing.
Thank you for donating to DutchNews.nl.
We could not provide the Dutch News service, and keep it free of charge, without the generous support of our readers. Your donations allow us to report on issues you tell us matter, and provide you with a summary of the most important Dutch news each day.Make a donation