The man arrested while filming outside a Guus Meeuwis concert in Eindhoven earlier this month has been released from custody while the investigation continues.
The court said that the investigation so far had failed to turn up enough evidence to suggest the man was involved in preparations for a terrorist crime.
The public prosecution department, which said earlier on Friday it did suspect he was preparing a terrorist crime, wanted the man to be remanded in custody for a further 14 days.
The Amsterdammer, 29, was arrested a week ago after he was spotted acting suspiciously outside the Philips Stadium where Meeuwis was on stage. The incident led to a major security scare and Meeuwis was asked by police to extend his concert while measures were taken to ensure the safety of the crowd.
The man, who is from Amsterdam, was said at the time to have possibly been radicalized.
The incident took place three weeks after Salman Abedi blew himself up at Manchester Arena in England as people left a concert by Ariana Grande. He killed 22 people and injured over 100 more.
Thank you for donating to DutchNews.nl.
We could not provide the Dutch News service, and keep it free of charge, without the generous support of our readers. Your donations allow us to report on issues you tell us matter, and provide you with a summary of the most important Dutch news each day.Make a donation