DutchNews.nl - DutchNews.nl brings daily news from The Netherlands in English

30 August 2025
Newsletter Donate Advertise
  • News
  • Life in the Netherlands
  • Jobs
  • Podcast
  • About us
  • Search
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Election 2025
  • Art and culture
  • Sport
  • Europe
  • Society
  • Environment
  • Health
  • Housing
  • Education
  • News
    • Home
    • Economy
    • Election 2025
    • Art and culture
    • Sport
    • Europe
    • Society
    • Environment
    • Health
    • Housing
    • Education
  • Life in the Netherlands
    • Latest
    • Opinion
    • Books
    • Travel
    • 10 Questions
    • Learning Dutch
    • Inburgering with DN
    • Food & Drink
    • Ask us anything
  • Jobs
  • Podcast
  • About us
    • Team
    • Donate
    • Advertise
    • Writing for Dutch News
    • Contact us
    • Privacy
    • Newsletter
  • Search

Court releases Eindhoven concert suspect; ‘not enough evidence’

June 16, 2017
Statue of justice.
Photo: Depositphotos.com

The man arrested while filming outside a Guus Meeuwis concert in Eindhoven earlier this month has been released from custody while the investigation continues.

The court said that the investigation so far had failed to turn up enough evidence to suggest the man was involved in preparations for a terrorist crime.

The public prosecution department, which said earlier on Friday it did suspect he was preparing a terrorist crime, wanted the man to be remanded in custody for a further 14 days.

The Amsterdammer, 29, was arrested a week ago after he was spotted acting suspiciously outside the Philips Stadium where Meeuwis was on stage. The incident led to a major security scare and Meeuwis was asked by police to extend his concert while measures were taken to ensure the safety of the crowd.

The man, who is from Amsterdam, was said at the time to have possibly been radicalized.

The incident took place three weeks after Salman Abedi blew himself up at Manchester Arena in England as people left a concert by Ariana Grande. He killed 22 people and injured over 100 more.

Share this article
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • LinkedIn
  • Reddit
  • Copy URL
Crime Society
Thank you for donating to DutchNews.nl.

We could not provide the Dutch News service, and keep it free of charge, without the generous support of our readers. Your donations allow us to report on issues you tell us matter, and provide you with a summary of the most important Dutch news each day.

Make a donation
Latest
Show more
Van Weel moves to amend asylum law after Council of State flag
Offering undocumented migrants soup could be criminal offence
Action amidst angst: The Lisa case has young women on edge
Cancer screening hack far bigger than thought, agency says
Roll over: Dutch urged to spend more on lunches like Belgians
NewsHomeEconomyElection 2025Art and cultureSportEuropeSocietyEnvironmentHealthHousingEducation
Life in the NetherlandsLatestOpinionBooksTravel10 QuestionsLearning DutchInburgering with DNFood & DrinkAsk us anything
About usTeamDonateAdvertiseWriting for Dutch NewsContact usPrivacyNewsletter
© 2025 DutchNews | Cookie settings

Help us to keep providing you information about coronavirus in the Netherlands.

Many thanks to everyone who has donated to DutchNews.nl in recent days!

We could not provide this service without you. If you have not yet made a contribution, you can do so here.

The DutchNews.nl team

Donate now

Dutchnews Survey

Please help us making DutchNews.nl a better read by taking part in a short survey.

Take part now