Representatives of countries involved in the MH17 disaster a year ago are in the Netherlands for talks on the draft report into the tragedy, broadcaster Nos says on Monday.
Officials from Russia, together with representatives from Malaysia, Ukraine, the US, Britain and Australia are taking part, Malaysian and Ukrainian sources told the broadcaster.
The countries were invited to two days of discussions by the Dutch safety council which is compiling the official report into the shooting down of flight MH17 over eastern Ukraine, killing all 298 people on board.
The draft report was sent to the six countries in June and they were given 60 days to make comments. Now the council will draw up a definitive report, taking those comments into account, the Nos says. This is expected to be published in early October.
Some aspects of the report have already been leaked. Last month, CNN said it will include evidence that the flight was shot down by a BUK rocket fired by pro-Russian separatists in Ukraine.
However, other sources say the report will not place any blame.
Thank you for donating to DutchNews.nl.
We could not provide the Dutch News service, and keep it free of charge, without the generous support of our readers. Your donations allow us to report on issues you tell us matter, and provide you with a summary of the most important Dutch news each day.Make a donation