There is enough evidence to prosecute the man suspected of murdering former health minister Els Borst, the public prosecution department said on Friday.
Bart van U is due to appear in court for a procedural hearing in connection with the murder of his sister Lois next Tuesday.
The public prosecutor will then ask that the Borst murder be added to the charge sheet for the second hearing, which is likely to take place in September. This means both cases could then be heard at the same time, the department said in a statement.
Borst was found dead in the garage attached to her Bilthoven home in February last year. Van U, who is 39, came to the attention of Dutch police after his sister was murdered in January and was later charged with her killing.
His dna was found to match evidence left at the scene of Borst’s murder, marking a breakthrough in that investigation.
Thank you for donating to DutchNews.nl.
We could not provide the Dutch News service, and keep it free of charge, without the generous support of our readers. Your donations allow us to report on issues you tell us matter, and provide you with a summary of the most important Dutch news each day.Make a donation