Dictionary of Dutchness


The Centrum voor Werk en Inkomen (centre for work and income) is the rather grand name given to job centres. If your boss wants to fire you, he must go to the CWI to apply for permission. If you end up unemployed, this is where you will go to sort out your social security benefits and look for a new job. The CWI also operates training schemes to help you get back into work. While everyone still talks about the CWI, its official name is now the much more user-friendly UVW WERKbedrijf.

All typical untranslatable Dutch words and expressions translated in the Dictionairy of Dutchness
Thank you for donating to DutchNews.nl.

We could not provide the Dutch News service, and keep it free of charge, without the generous support of our readers. Your donations allow us to report on issues you tell us matter, and provide you with a summary of the most important Dutch news each day.

Make a donation