- The overall digital performance of Dutch companies in 2020 has increased with 16% compared to 2018
- With a 48% score difference between the best and worst performers the gap is increasing
- HEMA is the best performing company with the highest overall score
- ‘Digital Product Experience’ is the best scoring dimension for Dutch companies
- ‘Digital Marketing’ provides the most opportunity for improvement
AMSTERDAM–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The BearingPoint Digital Leaders Study 2020 shows that Dutch companies have improved their digital maturity over the years. Still, there are areas that need attention to keep up with customers’ high demands. Digital customer interaction should exist at the core of the company’s business models to stay ahead of competitors. The gap between the top-performers, that excel in their digital businesses, and the low-performers, that fall behind, is increasing. The winning digital leaders understand how to keep things small to increase speed, just start moving by using what is available, strip out dependencies, and create more impact after all by doing so.
It becomes clear that the main digital transformation challenges are less in the field of technology, and more in the field of people’s competencies, mindset and culture. It brings a positive view towards the future: not only start-ups, but also corporates will start to make bold moves to position themselves for a new era of growth and sustainable value for their customers.
Now Digital has become the ‘new normal’, the challenge is to remove the last – often non-technological – barriers to become a truly customer centric and data-driven form. This includes a company culture that embraces experimentation, customer centricity and radical innovation.
Key research findings per research dimension
- Dutch companies perform best on digital product experience, with an average of 3.4 (on a scale of 5). The digital maturity is seen in their omni-channel strategies, as almost all companies have mobile-optimized and responsive sites that scale to tablets and mobile phones.
- On the e-commerce dimension, Dutch companies receive a sufficient grade (2.9). Only 17% of the companies use chatbots in sales support service, which is an effective tool and could help to increase the score next year.
- Dutch companies perform sufficiently on the e-CRM dimension, with a score of 2.3. Room for improvement exists; only 37% of the companies respond to e-mails within 2 business days and some even fail to respond within a month’s time.
- The digital marketing dimension is where the companies struggle on, as they receive a poor 1.9 grade. Social media shows plenty of potential: just 17% uses Instagram as an advertising tool.
About the Digital Leaders Study
The 2020 edition of our Digital Leaders Study includes research from Ireland, Netherlands, Norway and Sweden. 300 companies from 11 industry sectors have been included in the study that assesses the maturity of their digital customer interaction in four digital dimensions: digital marketing, digital product experience, e-commerce and e-CRM. The Dutch study has been conducted for the second time and included 60 NL-headquartered companies from 12 different industries, that are illustrative for their industry in terms of size (revenue > 50 million).
BearingPoint is an independent management and technology consultancy with European roots and a global reach. The company operates in three business units: The first unit covers the advisory business with a clear focus on multiple key areas to drive growth across all regions. The second unit provides IP-driven managed services beyond SaaS and offers business critical services to its clients supporting their business success. The third unit provides the software for successful digital transformation and regulatory requirements. It is also designed to explore innovative business models with clients and partners by driving the financing and development of start-ups and leveraging ecosystems.
BearingPoint’s clients include many of the world’s leading companies and organizations. The firm has a global consulting network with more than 10,000 people and supports clients in over 75 countries, engaging with them to achieve measurable and sustainable success.
For more information, please visit:
Top performers in the Dutch Market
Top 10 companies overall
- TUI Nederland
Digital Leaders at a glance
|Digital Product Experience
|Jacobs Douwe Egberts
|Retail – interior/dpt stores
|Retail – electronics
|Retail – fashion
|Retail – outdoor/sports
|Technology & Manufacturing
Press contact BearingPoint Netherlands
Phone: +31 6 11833 633
Thank you for donating to DutchNews.nl.
We could not provide the Dutch News service, and keep it free of charge, without the generous support of our readers. Your donations allow us to report on issues you tell us matter, and provide you with a summary of the most important Dutch news each day.Make a donation