DutchNews.nl - DutchNews.nl brings daily news from The Netherlands in English

18 February 2026
Newsletter Donate Advertise
  • News
  • Life in the Netherlands
  • Jobs
  • Podcast
  • About us
  • Search
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • Art and culture
  • Sport
  • Europe
  • Society
  • Environment
  • Health
  • Housing
  • Local elections
  • News
    • Home
    • Economy
    • Politics
    • Art and culture
    • Sport
    • Europe
    • Society
    • Environment
    • Health
    • Housing
    • Local elections
  • Life in the Netherlands
    • Latest
    • Opinion
    • Books
    • Travel
    • 10 Questions
    • Learning Dutch
    • Inburgering with DN
    • Food & Drink
    • Ask us anything
  • Jobs
  • Podcast
  • About us
    • Team
    • Donate
    • Advertise
    • Writing for Dutch News
    • Contact us
    • Privacy
    • Newsletter
  • Search

Vodafone sells its Dutch phone stake, Ziggo heading for an IPO

February 18, 2026
Photo: ANP / Hollandse Hoogte / Harold Versteeg

British telecoms company Vodafone is selling its 50% stake in Dutch unit VodafoneZiggo to its US alliance partner Liberty Global in a €1 billion cash deal, the company said on Wednesday.

Liberty Global will transfer its assets in the Benelux (VodafoneZiggo and Belgium’s Telenet) to a new holding company, Ziggo Group in which Vodafone will have a 10% stake.

Liberty Global then intends to list the new company on the Amsterdam stock exchange in 2027 by spinning off 90% of the shares to Liberty Global shareholders.

The transaction “provides additional stability and long-term commitment to VodafoneZiggo”, company chief executive Stephen van Rooyen said.

“By combining these assets, we are creating a regional powerhouse comprised of two converged national champions operating in rational markets,” LibertyGlobal chairman Mike Vries said in a press statement.

The VodafoneZiggo alliance was formed in 2016. It now has some 5.6 mobile customers and three million internet subscribers.

Last year the company shed 400 jobs in a reorganisation after losing more than 40,000 customers in the first quarter of the year, news website Nu.nl reported.

Share this article
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • LinkedIn
  • Reddit
  • Copy URL
Business Stock exchange
Thank you for donating to DutchNews.nl.

We could not provide the Dutch News service, and keep it free of charge, without the generous support of our readers. Your donations allow us to report on issues you tell us matter, and provide you with a summary of the most important Dutch news each day.

Make a donation
Latest
Show more
Vodafone sells its Dutch phone stake, Ziggo heading for an IPO
New Alzheimer's drug won't be covered by Dutch health insurance
International energy: Volt event begins local election drive
Not all supermarkets can be the cheapest: Consumentenbond
Setting up a business in NL? Here’s what you need to know
NewsHomeEconomyPoliticsArt and cultureSportEuropeSocietyEnvironmentHealthHousingLocal elections
Life in the NetherlandsLatestOpinionBooksTravel10 QuestionsLearning DutchInburgering with DNFood & DrinkAsk us anything
About usTeamDonateAdvertiseWriting for Dutch NewsContact usPrivacyNewsletter
© 2026 DutchNews | Cookie settings

Help us to keep providing you with up-to-date news about this month's Dutch general election.

Our thanks to everyone who donates regularly to Dutch News. It costs money to produce our daily news service, our original features and daily newsletters, and we could not do it without you.

If you have not yet made a donation, or did so a while ago, you can do so via these links

The DutchNews.nl team

Donate now

Dutchnews Survey

Please help us making DutchNews.nl a better read by taking part in a short survey.

Take part now