DutchNews.nl - DutchNews.nl brings daily news from The Netherlands in English 21 May 2026
Newsletter Donate Advertise
  • News
  • Life in the Netherlands
  • Jobs
  • Partner content
  • Podcast
  • Advertise
  • About us
  • Search
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • Art and culture
  • Sport
  • Europe
  • Society
  • Environment
  • Health
  • Housing
  • Education
  • News
    • Home
    • Economy
    • Politics
    • Art and culture
    • Sport
    • Europe
    • Society
    • Environment
    • Health
    • Housing
    • Education
  • Life in the Netherlands
    • Latest
    • Opinion
    • Books
    • Travel
    • 10 Questions
    • Learning Dutch
    • Inburgering with DN
    • Food & Drink
    • Ask us anything
  • Jobs
  • Partner content
  • Podcast
  • Advertise
  • About us
    • Donate
    • Team
    • Advertise
    • Contact us
    • Writing for Dutch News
    • Privacy
    • Newsletter
  • Search

Lisa murder suspect faces attempted rape charge as well

February 2, 2026
Photo: Dutch News

See more Dutchnews articles in your google search results

Add as a favourite source on Google Add DutchNews as a favourite source on Google

A man charged with murdering a teenager and raping another woman in August last year is also being charged with an attempted rape earlier that month, the public prosecution service said on Monday.

The murder of 17-year-old Lisa as she cycled home on August 20 led to a storm of protest. A crowdfunding campaign to raise awareness of women’s right to safety at night generated more than €400,000 in its first 24 hours.

The rape took place on the Weesperzijde in Amsterdam on August 15, and the attempted rape happened five days earlier. Police had originally assumed the earlier incident was a robbery but later said they were investigating the possibility that it had been a sexual assault.

That has now been confirmed, and the case will come up for consideration on February 11, when the next pro forma court hearing takes place.

The man has claimed to be Chris Jude from Nigeria, but police have so far failed to establish his real name and identity. He is thought to be in his early 20s.

He was arrested on August 21 at a refugee centre in Amsterdam for the rape and was later linked to the murder of Lisa who was stabbed to death.

Share this article Add DutchNews to Google
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • LinkedIn
  • Reddit
  • Copy URL
Court cases Murder Sexual abuse Society
Thank you for donating to DutchNews.nl.

We could not provide the Dutch News service, and keep it free of charge, without the generous support of our readers. Your donations allow us to report on issues you tell us matter, and provide you with a summary of the most important Dutch news each day.

Make a donation
Latest
Show more
Court convicts Taghi lawyer but does not send her back to jail
Dutch royals pose for summer portraits in The Hague
Refugees sleep outside as accommodation crisis worsens
More Dutch households are worrying about mortgage costs
A hot, sunny weekend ahead and there is more to come
NewsHomeEconomyPoliticsArt and cultureSportEuropeSocietyEnvironmentHealthHousingEducation
Life in the NetherlandsLatestOpinionBooksTravel10 QuestionsLearning DutchInburgering with DNFood & DrinkAsk us anything
Partner content
Advertise
About usDonateTeamAdvertiseContact usWriting for Dutch NewsPrivacyNewsletter
© 2026 DutchNews | Cookie settings

Help us to keep providing you with up-to-date news about this month's Dutch general election.

Our thanks to everyone who donates regularly to Dutch News. It costs money to produce our daily news service, our original features and daily newsletters, and we could not do it without you.

If you have not yet made a donation, or did so a while ago, you can do so via these links

The DutchNews.nl team

Donate now

Dutchnews Survey

Please help us making DutchNews.nl a better read by taking part in a short survey.

Take part now