After a two year pause, the international community can meet up again in Amsterdam as the IamExpat Fair returns to the city’s Westergas Gashouder venue in Westerpark.
Coronavirus led to the last two editions of the fair being cancelled in both Amsterdam and The Hague, but on Saturday, April 9, the doors will open on the biggest expat event in the Netherlands, organised by the IamExpat Media group.
‘We are all so happy with the idea of seeing everyone again,’ says co-founder Sergios Charalampos. ‘We are rediscovering ourselves after a two year hiatus, to make sure the fair is even better than it was.’
Since its launch, the IamExpat Fair has hosted more than 320 companies, run 180 workshops and welcomed more than 22,600 visitors from 150 different countries, making it the leading fair for internationals in the Netherlands.
This year, the fair’s focus, as ever, is on helping new arrivals and longer term residents learn more about life in the Netherlands: from finding a house, a job or school for the kids, to choosing an accountant, legal advisor and so on.
Dozens of service providers will have stands at the fair so you can stop by for a chat and find out more about what they have on offer.
Among the fair’s highlights are the informative workshops and presentations, and the line-up has just been finalised. There is, says Sergios, something for everyone. ‘We’ve also improved the sound-proofing so they will be even better,’ he says.
Of course, coronavirus has not gone away and the fair will be sticking closely to the Covid rules in operation at the time. ‘We are keeping in close touch with the venue organisers to make sure we do everything we can to keep people safe,’ Sergios says.
The fair runs from 10am to 5pm at the Westergas Gashouder– which used to be a storage tank for gas before the area was redeveloped into Amsterdam’s leading cultural event location.
Among the IamExpat Fair highlights:
- Get assistance in finding the right rental property or understanding Dutch mortgages
- Learn how to advance your career through professional development
- Discover businesses with a focus on expats’ needs
- Benefit from many special offers only available on the day of the Fair
- Meet with recruiters and companies that are hiring
- Attend workshops and presentations to learn about different aspects of life and work in the Netherlands
- Connect with local health and lifestyle organisations
- Network with like-minded locals and expats from around the world
- Bring the whole family and have fun with little ones at the Kid’s Area, a free play space.
Tickets are completely free and can be ordered online.
Date: Saturday, April 9, 2022
Time: 10am to 5pm
Location: Gashouder Westergas, Amsterdam
Thank you for donating to DutchNews.nl.
We could not provide the Dutch News service, and keep it free of charge, without the generous support of our readers. Your donations allow us to report on issues you tell us matter, and provide you with a summary of the most important Dutch news each day.Make a donation