Ministers are expected to decide today if one day festivals can go ahead from August 14, based on advice from experts in the Outbreak Management Team.
The decision should have been taken on August 13 but has been brought forward at the request of event organisers who said they would take the cabinet to court unless they had clarity earlier.
Event organizer ID&T, plus some 40 others, say they will, however, press ahead with legal action if one-day festivals remain banned.
Last week the cabinet decided that multi-day festivals could not be held until September 1 at least because of the infection risk.
At least 62 clusters of at least 20 coronavirus infections were identified in the two weeks that restrictions on cafes, clubs and festivals were lifted, according to figures put together by public health institute RIVM.
The ‘test for entry’ system allowed people to attend an event and ignore social distancing if they could show a QR code which says they have either been vaccinated, had a negative test within 40 hours, or recently had coronavirus.
The test for entry system, with the negative test now valid for 24 hours and a 14-day wait introduced for vaccinations, is still in operation for seated events.
Thank you for donating to DutchNews.nl.
We could not provide the Dutch News service, and keep it free of charge, without the generous support of our readers. Your donations allow us to report on issues you tell us matter, and provide you with a summary of the most important Dutch news each day.Make a donation