Animal feed group Nutreco has rejected takeover advances made by Cargill and investment house Permira, who had offered at least €43.20 per share for the company, the Dutch firm said on Monday.
Nutreco would prefer to be taken over by SHV Holdings, which has now increased its offer to €44.50, the two companies said in a statement. SHV, a private group held by the Fentener van Vlissingen family, had earlier offered €40 a share.
‘Nutreco, together with its advisers, has concluded that Cargill’s intention of breaking up the Nutreco business is fundamentally inconsistent with Nutreco’s long-term growth strategy for the business as a whole,’ Nutreco said in the statement.
Nutreco and SHV in October reached a deal on the original offer which valued Nutreco at €2.7bn.
According to the Financieele Dagblad, the revised offer does not mean the deal has now been finalised. Nutreco’s share price rose 15% in Amsterdam on Monday, an indication that some shareholders think there is more to be gained, the paper said.
Thank you for donating to DutchNews.nl.
We could not provide the Dutch News service, and keep it free of charge, without the generous support of our readers. Your donations allow us to report on issues you tell us matter, and provide you with a summary of the most important Dutch news each day.Make a donation