The investigation into the murder of television presenter and film maker Theo van Gogh 10 years ago is to be looked at again, home affairs minister Ronald Plasterk has told MPs.
The decision follows claims made in a television show that his killer Mohammed Bouyeri may not have worked alone.
The investigating officer on the case told tv programme EenVandaag last month the original investigation provided ‘frustratingly little’ in the way of evidence and there are indications others had checked out Theo van Gogh’s route and provided the weapon.
Van Gogh was murdered by Bouyeri on November 2, 2004 in the Linneausstraat in Amsterdam. He is serving a life sentence for the killing.
Plasterk has now asked the security service regulator CTIVD to look again at the investigation carried out by the security service at the time.
Thank you for donating to DutchNews.nl.
We could not provide the Dutch News service, and keep it free of charge, without the generous support of our readers. Your donations allow us to report on issues you tell us matter, and provide you with a summary of the most important Dutch news each day.Make a donation