Three separate reports into the apparent attack on the Dutch royal family during this year’s Queen’s Day celebrations will be published on Friday afternoon, Apeldoorn city council officials said on Monday evening.
Seven bystanders were killed when Karst Tates drove his car through the crowd watching the royal family arrive in Apeldoorn for the annual April 30 festivities. Tates died of his injuries after his car smashed into railings close to the open-topped bus carrying the queen and other royals.
One report focuses on the preparations for the Queen’s Day celebrations, one examines the security in place around the royal family and the third looks at the criminal aspects of the attack. That report will try to reconstruct events and come up with a motive.
Immediately after the incident Tates reportedly told police officers it had been a deliberate act. This has widely been assumed to mean an attack on the royal family itself.
Thank you for donating to DutchNews.nl.
We could not provide the Dutch News service, and keep it free of charge, without the generous support of our readers. Your donations allow us to report on issues you tell us matter, and provide you with a summary of the most important Dutch news each day.Make a donation