Third Dutch school threatened
See more DutchNews articles in your Google search results
See more DutchNews articles in your Google search results
Add as a favourite source on Google Add DutchNews as a favourite source on GoogleA 28-year-old man from Hilversum has been arrested for threatening an attack on a school in Rotterdam, the Volkskrant reports on Wednesday.
The man had reportedly left the threat on an American website and was traced after the FBI determined his computer’s unique IP address, the paper says.
Last week an 18-year-old youth was arrested at 3.30am at his home in Rijsbergen for leaving a message on the same website saying he planned to ‘shoot some people’ at a school in Breda. He said he wanted to beat the score of South Korean student Cho Seung-Hui who shot dead 32 people at an American university last year.
That youth was also traced through the IP address. It later transpired he was using a neighbour’s unsecured internet network. Yesterday a court ruled that the 18-year-old be remanded in custody.
Last month two young teenagers were arrested in Weesp for threatening to attack a primary school in the town, just south of Amsterdam.
Thank you for donating to DutchNews.nl.
We could not provide the Dutch News service, and keep it free of charge, without the generous support of our readers. Your donations allow us to report on issues you tell us matter, and provide you with a summary of the most important Dutch news each day.
Make a donation