Carbon monoxide leak at Amsterdam hospital

Twelve newborn babies at the VU medical hospital in Amsterdam were transferred to another department yesterday when carbon monoxide was detected in their ward, reports ANP news service on Tuesday.

The source of the leak is believed to have come from problems during building work at the outpatients clinic which affected the hospital’s ventilation system, reports ANP.
Carbon monoxide is extremely toxic and can be fatal.

Thank you for donating to

We could not provide the Dutch News service, and keep it free of charge, without the generous support of our readers. Your donations allow us to report on issues you tell us matter, and provide you with a summary of the most important Dutch news each day.

Make a donation