Amsterdam Schiphol airport workers are still getting bags into sensitive areas of the airport without the contents being checked, according to the undercover journalist who sneaked a fake bomb into the cargo area last week.
Alberto Stegeman made the accusation on Sunday evening during his programme on the SBS channel. He says that two days after Schiphol announced tighter security following the fake bomb revelation, unchecked bags were still getting through.
Last Wednesday Schiphol operations director Ad Rutten said security would be stepped up and from July all vehicles, goods and personnel entering the airport’s outer boundary will be electronically scanned.
Thank you for donating to DutchNews.nl.
We could not provide the Dutch News service, and keep it free of charge, without the generous support of our readers. Your donations allow us to report on issues you tell us matter, and provide you with a summary of the most important Dutch news each day.Make a donation