Gas supply shut off after two deaths

Gas supplies to a brand new apartment complex in the town of Rijen have been turned off following the death of an elderly couple in one of the 42 flats from carbon monoxide poisoning earlier this week, reports ANP news service.

The complex was evacuated after it was discovered that gas pipes in the flat where the couple died had been incorrectly fitted.
The residents have now been allowed back into their homes but the local council has closed off gas supplies and said it will make a further announcement next Tuesday.

Thank you for donating to

We could not provide the Dutch News service, and keep it free of charge, without the generous support of our readers. Your donations allow us to report on issues you tell us matter, and provide you with a summary of the most important Dutch news each day.

Make a donation