The cabinet’s plans also include a string of targets for individual ministries to meet. Among the main ambitions outlined on Tuesday:
● A 30% reduction in CO2 emmissions by 2020.
● On-shore wind power to double over four years.
● Organic food to account for 15% of food sales by 2011.
● Train travel to rise by 5% passengers a year.
● Some 200,000 hard-to-place unemployed people to have jobs by 2011. In total, 309,000 new full-time jobs to be created.
● The Netherlands to become one of the world’s top 10 sporting nations.
● Problems at ‘dozens’ of traffic black spots to be solved by 2012.
● Crime rate to be cut by 25% over next four years.
● Health ministry overspend of €1.2bn to be eradicated by 2011.
● Spending power for most people to rise by 1.25% by 2011.
Thank you for donating to DutchNews.nl.
We could not provide the Dutch News service, and keep it free of charge, without the generous support of our readers. Your donations allow us to report on issues you tell us matter, and provide you with a summary of the most important Dutch news each day.Make a donation