Consortium delays ABN Amro decision

The consortium of three banks considering making a bid for Dutch banking group ABN Amro said on Friday it would delay making public its decision until Tuesday.

The banks – Royal Bank of Scotland, Fortis and Santander – had originally said they would announce their plans on Sunday but have postponed it by two days because of Monday’s Whitsun holiday.

Thank you for donating to

We could not provide the Dutch News service, and keep it free of charge, without the generous support of our readers. Your donations allow us to report on issues you tell us matter, and provide you with a summary of the most important Dutch news each day.

Make a donation