Carbon monoxide poisoning at restaurant

A gas-powered dishwasher caused last night’s incident in a Rotterdam tapas restaurant when 14 people, including six police officers, were taken to hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning. The concentration of the gas was six times the official limit, fire officers said on Friday.

Thank you for donating to

We could not provide the Dutch News service, and keep it free of charge, without the generous support of our readers. Your donations allow us to report on issues you tell us matter, and provide you with a summary of the most important Dutch news each day.

Make a donation