The main complex in the Beekse Bergen holiday park in Hilvarenbeek has been destroyed by a fire following a gas leak.
No-one was injured in the blaze which sent huge clouds of black smoke billowing into the sky and has destroyed the building completely. The complex included a restaurant and covered swimming pool.
The fire is thought to have started in the kitchen.
The holiday park is next to the safari park with the same name, but that remains open to the public and the animals were not in danger, broadcaster NOS reported. Some animals, however, were moved indoors to avoid the smoke.
Thank you for donating to DutchNews.nl
The DutchNews.nl team would like to thank all the generous readers who have made a donation in recent weeks. Your financial support has helped us to expand our coverage of the coronavirus crisis into the evenings and weekends and make sure you are kept up to date with the latest developments.
DutchNews.nl has been free for 14 years, but without the financial backing of our readers, we would not be able to provide you with fair and accurate news and features about all things Dutch. Your contributions make this possible.