Sunday 20 June 2021

Some 30 people taken to hospital in carbon monoxide scare

Some 30 people, including several children, have been taken to hospital after too-high levels of carbon monoxide were recorded in their homes in Rotterdam Zuid.

The fire brigade was alerted around midnight. A number of people had been complaining of headaches for several days, Nos television said.

 

People were taken to hospital by ambulances but eventually a bus was used as the number of people with complaints increased.

 

The source of the carbon monoxide was traced to a café heating boiler, which was next to a broken window opening on to the apartment complex hall.

 

People were allowed to return home after the fire brigade gave the all-clear at around 03.00 hours.

Thank you for donating to DutchNews.nl

The DutchNews.nl team would like to thank all the generous readers who have made a donation in recent weeks. Your financial support has helped us to expand our coverage of the coronavirus crisis into the evenings and weekends and make sure you are kept up to date with the latest developments.

DutchNews.nl has been free for 14 years, but without the financial backing of our readers, we would not be able to provide you with fair and accurate news and features about all things Dutch. Your contributions make this possible.

If you have not yet made a donation, but would like to, you can do so via Ideal, credit card or Paypal.