We want to use our website and social media platforms to connect DutchNews.nl readers worldwide, to provide a place for interaction with DutchNews.nl and to discuss current affairs and life in the Netherlands.
We will make comments an option on selected news stories and features on the website.
To keep the website and Facebook comments section inviting to all, we reserve the right to delete them at our discretion. Here are some guidelines to ensure we foster the right environment for our readers:
- Be civil and considerate of others.
- Stay on topic.
Content deemed not appropriate will be deleted. Inappropriate content includes, but is not limited to:
- Comments that are abusive, harassing, stalking, threatening, attacking or otherwise violates the legal rights of others.
- Comments that are defamatory, offensive, obscene, vulgar, depicting violence, misleading or unlawful.
- Content that is hateful in language targeting race/ethnicity, religion, gender, nationality or political beliefs.
- Content that contains material protected by intellectual property or privacy laws, unless you own or control the rights or have received all necessary consents.
- Spam, such as commercial solicitation or solicitations of donations.
Anyone who repeatedly violates these guidelines may be banned from commenting on the DutchNews.nl website, at the discretion of our moderators.
Cloning accounts and posing as other commentors will also result in an immediate ban.
Comments which include links to other websites require moderation and will not appear on the site until these have been checked.