Gas explosion rocks central Zwolle

Two people have been injured in an explosion in a building on a shopping street in Zwolle, which police say was probably caused by gas.

Part of the city centre has been evacuated following the blast because it is thought asbestos has been released into the atmosphere.
A 26-year-old man who owned a tailors’ shop on the first floor of the building has been taken to hospital with serious burns. A 16-year-old girl who was cycling past the building when the explosion happened has also been slightly injured.
The windows of several other shops nearby were shattered in the blast. The shop itself was empty, Nos television said.

Thank you for donating to

We could not provide the Dutch News service, and keep it free of charge, without the generous support of our readers. Your donations allow us to report on issues you tell us matter, and provide you with a summary of the most important Dutch news each day.

Make a donation