Wilders is not planning move to US

Tuesday 01 May 2012

Geert Wilders is not planning to move to the US, the PVV party leader told Radio 1 on Monday morning.

'I am definitely staying in the Netherlands and will be campaigning enthusiastically for the September elections,' he told the radio station.

Wilders was referring to rumours he was planning to move to the US following his loss of power since the collapse of the coalition government last month.

Radio 1 has a team travelling with Wilders on his current tour of the US where he is promoting his book, Marked for Death.

According to Radio 1, people attending a lecture given by Wilders paid €10,000 to attend. However, Wilders said he knew nothing about an entry fee.

'There is absolutely no agreement that I receive any money,' he said. 'I'm not here to fundraise but to do as many interviews about my book as possible.'

Wilders new book is not officially out but everyone has read it

Maybe he should move to the USA, he faces so much discrimination in the NL and even has to fear for his life due to the threat of lunatic extremists.

By Phil | 1 May 2012 8:38 AM

entry fee of 10.000, that's how he get around to raise money for his NL campaign! It's like with Ebay, since prohibit the resale of football tickets, scalpers usually sale dummy pens tickets, so scalpers sale dummy pens for say 1000 euro and they give you the ticket for free!

By bird | 1 May 2012 8:45 AM

Admission to his speech was $10000; not Euro.

By Roger | 1 May 2012 12:11 PM

What a shame. Well, if this time hasn't done it, may be he will after September.

I am sure people in the US will embrace him like one of their own.

By poeliewoepsie | 1 May 2012 12:57 PM

I suppose Wilders would have some support among Foxnews viewers but I can't believe for a minute he would be welcome with open arms by the majority of US citizens. He would have a novelty appeal at first but that would eventually fade.

By Quince | 1 May 2012 3:55 PM

Phil, I'm quite sure the discrimination he has CAUSED is much less than the discrimination he has faced. You can't slag off an entire nationality and expect hugs and kisses back. He reaps what he sows.

And, no I don't advocate violence. But nor do I advocate hatred and bigotry based on fear and ignorance.

By CW | 1 May 2012 4:02 PM

Noooooo! We don't want him here!!!!!!
Let him stay where he is, or better, in a monastery to think over his sins and bad disposition!

By Cobie (lives in US) | 1 May 2012 4:17 PM

@CW- Wilders is a symptom of decades of failed immigration & integration policies along with cultural relativism, blind fascist political correctness & multiculturalism, there is a huge backlash all over Europe & I hardly think it's all Wilder's fault. If Wilders wasn't around someone else would be in his place.

I don't advocate violence, hatred, bigotry, fascism, racism or slagging of anyone, however I do advocate freedom of speech, freedom & democracy and I also have no shame in protecting my own culture.

Just the fact that Wilders has to fear for his life for having a political view in the NL should alarm people.

By Phil | 2 May 2012 1:44 PM

No, the failed policies are those enacted in the past decade, merely gain political points and cater to the fears of simple immature people who hate anyone who is "different".

Do you have a CLUE how hard it is to fit into a new culture even for those from the "good" countries, being constantly badgered and finger-wagged at because we don't disappear into the crowd fast enough? Imagine how it is for those from the "bad" countries who are instantly demonized by Wilders before they even try to fit in to new norms and customs.

I resent YOUR fears influencing policy and laws. YOU have the problem, not us. We just want to live our lives peacefully. Grow up.

By CW | 2 May 2012 6:20 PM

@CW- I do not like a lot of things Wilders says either but if the moderate parties had sensible policies then Wilders would not exist.

If life is so hard in the NL for some people then why not leave?, I do not mean this as an insult.

I do not have any fears & I resent what has happened to parts of the NL that are now ghettos, would you except becoming a minority in your own city?

Also why are crime figures so high in some groups & why do some groups fail to integrate? Why are some countries considered good or bad countries? It's not a racial thing, there are real problems in the NL

By Phil | 3 May 2012 10:21 AM