After-school club worker will be prosecuted for further alleged abuse

A gavel in a courtroom.Photo: Depositphotos

The male assistant at an after-school club in De Bilt, near Hilversum, who was arrested after two sisters told their parents they had been sexually abused by him, will be prosecuted for the abuse of a further four girls, the public prosecutor’s office said on Wednesday.

The 27-year-old, who was reportedly popular with both children and parents, worked at an after-school club run by the Partou daycare organisation. He had been vetted and had a certificate of good behaviour (VOG) which is required for everyone working in an official capacity with children.

After the initial arrest on August 13 a number of parents voiced their concern about ‘suspect situations’ involving the man and their children, the prosecution office says.




Following further talks with the vice squad, the public prosecutor decided the man will now be prosecuted for four other incidences of sexual abuse. He is also suspected of indecent behaviour towards a seventh girl. The alleged abuse took place between January 1 and August 8.

The man, who is currently held on remand, will appear in court for a pro forma hearing on November 7 while further investigations are being conducted.

Partou claims to be the biggest daycare organisation in the Netherlands with 300 crèches, after school clubs and other daycare facilities. The company has 3,300 members of staff and provides care to 26,000 children.