DutchNews.nl - DutchNews.nl brings daily news from The Netherlands in English 21 May 2026
Newsletter Donate Advertise
  • News
  • Life in the Netherlands
  • Jobs
  • Partner content
  • Podcast
  • Advertise
  • About us
  • Search
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • Art and culture
  • Sport
  • Europe
  • Society
  • Environment
  • Health
  • Housing
  • Education
  • News
    • Home
    • Economy
    • Politics
    • Art and culture
    • Sport
    • Europe
    • Society
    • Environment
    • Health
    • Housing
    • Education
  • Life in the Netherlands
    • Latest
    • Opinion
    • Books
    • Travel
    • 10 Questions
    • Learning Dutch
    • Inburgering with DN
    • Food & Drink
    • Ask us anything
  • Jobs
  • Partner content
  • Podcast
  • Advertise
  • About us
    • Donate
    • Team
    • Advertise
    • Contact us
    • Writing for Dutch News
    • Privacy
    • Newsletter
  • Search

Court releases Eindhoven concert suspect; ‘not enough evidence’

June 16, 2017

See more Dutchnews articles in your google search results

Add as a favorite source on Google Add DutchNews as a favorite source on Google
Statue of justice.
Photo: Depositphotos.com

The man arrested while filming outside a Guus Meeuwis concert in Eindhoven earlier this month has been released from custody while the investigation continues.

The court said that the investigation so far had failed to turn up enough evidence to suggest the man was involved in preparations for a terrorist crime.

The public prosecution department, which said earlier on Friday it did suspect he was preparing a terrorist crime, wanted the man to be remanded in custody for a further 14 days.

The Amsterdammer, 29, was arrested a week ago after he was spotted acting suspiciously outside the Philips Stadium where Meeuwis was on stage. The incident led to a major security scare and Meeuwis was asked by police to extend his concert while measures were taken to ensure the safety of the crowd.

The man, who is from Amsterdam, was said at the time to have possibly been radicalized.

The incident took place three weeks after Salman Abedi blew himself up at Manchester Arena in England as people left a concert by Ariana Grande. He killed 22 people and injured over 100 more.

Share this article Add DutchNews to Google
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • LinkedIn
  • Reddit
  • Copy URL
Crime Society
Thank you for donating to DutchNews.nl.

We could not provide the Dutch News service, and keep it free of charge, without the generous support of our readers. Your donations allow us to report on issues you tell us matter, and provide you with a summary of the most important Dutch news each day.

Make a donation
Latest
Show more
Dutch leaders join outrage over Israeli treatment of activists
Early morning public transport strike planned for June 24
Asylum riot arrests reveal scale of outside involvement
A hot, sunny weekend ahead and there is more to come
Close-up of the front of a Dutch fire engine
Industrial site zoned off after asbestos released in fire
NewsHomeEconomyPoliticsArt and cultureSportEuropeSocietyEnvironmentHealthHousingEducation
Life in the NetherlandsLatestOpinionBooksTravel10 QuestionsLearning DutchInburgering with DNFood & DrinkAsk us anything
Partner content
Advertise
About usDonateTeamAdvertiseContact usWriting for Dutch NewsPrivacyNewsletter
© 2026 DutchNews | Cookie settings

Help us to keep providing you with up-to-date news about this month's Dutch general election.

Our thanks to everyone who donates regularly to Dutch News. It costs money to produce our daily news service, our original features and daily newsletters, and we could not do it without you.

If you have not yet made a donation, or did so a while ago, you can do so via these links

The DutchNews.nl team

Donate now

Dutchnews Survey

Please help us making DutchNews.nl a better read by taking part in a short survey.

Take part now