DutchNews.nl - DutchNews.nl brings daily news from The Netherlands in English 21 May 2026
Newsletter Donate Advertise
  • News
  • Life in the Netherlands
  • Jobs
  • Partner content
  • Podcast
  • Advertise
  • About us
  • Search
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • Art and culture
  • Sport
  • Europe
  • Society
  • Environment
  • Health
  • Housing
  • Education
  • News
    • Home
    • Economy
    • Politics
    • Art and culture
    • Sport
    • Europe
    • Society
    • Environment
    • Health
    • Housing
    • Education
  • Life in the Netherlands
    • Latest
    • Opinion
    • Books
    • Travel
    • 10 Questions
    • Learning Dutch
    • Inburgering with DN
    • Food & Drink
    • Ask us anything
  • Jobs
  • Partner content
  • Podcast
  • Advertise
  • About us
    • Donate
    • Team
    • Advertise
    • Contact us
    • Writing for Dutch News
    • Privacy
    • Newsletter
  • Search

No new evidence senior official abused boys, public prosecutor says

June 30, 2016

See more Dutchnews articles in your google search results

Add as a favourite source on Google Add DutchNews as a favourite source on Google
Photo: Depositphotos.com
Photo: Depositphotos.com

The public prosecution department wants to halt investigations into claims of child abuse made against a former top civil servant at the justice ministry.

Joris Demmink has been dogged by allegations that he abused minors for years but new investigations into the claims have not turned up any additional evidence, the department said in a statement on Thursday.

One investigation was ordered by judges in The Hague in 2014. It centred on claims that Demmink was involved in raping two under-age boys in Turkey between 1995 and 1997.

Evidence

However, the investigation has ‘not delivered any incriminatory evidence to suggest Demmink was involved in the alleged rapes’, the statement said.

Turkey refused to cooperate with the inquiry.

A second investigation into claims that Demmink used boy prostitutes heard evidence from several witnesses earlier this month. That investigation has not turned up any evidence that Demmink was involved in ‘criminal acts’ either, the department said.

The hearings were part of preliminary interviews for a civil case brought by a former boy prostitute who claims he was abused by Joris Demmink and other highly placed officials involved in a child prostitution ring in the 1980s.

Share this article Add DutchNews to Google
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • LinkedIn
  • Reddit
  • Copy URL
Crime Society
Thank you for donating to DutchNews.nl.

We could not provide the Dutch News service, and keep it free of charge, without the generous support of our readers. Your donations allow us to report on issues you tell us matter, and provide you with a summary of the most important Dutch news each day.

Make a donation
Latest
Show more
Court convicts Taghi lawyer but does not send her back to jail
Dutch leaders join outrage over Israeli treatment of activists
Refugees sleep outside as accommodation crisis worsens
More Dutch households are worrying about mortgage costs
A hot, sunny weekend ahead and there is more to come
NewsHomeEconomyPoliticsArt and cultureSportEuropeSocietyEnvironmentHealthHousingEducation
Life in the NetherlandsLatestOpinionBooksTravel10 QuestionsLearning DutchInburgering with DNFood & DrinkAsk us anything
Partner content
Advertise
About usDonateTeamAdvertiseContact usWriting for Dutch NewsPrivacyNewsletter
© 2026 DutchNews | Cookie settings

Help us to keep providing you with up-to-date news about this month's Dutch general election.

Our thanks to everyone who donates regularly to Dutch News. It costs money to produce our daily news service, our original features and daily newsletters, and we could not do it without you.

If you have not yet made a donation, or did so a while ago, you can do so via these links

The DutchNews.nl team

Donate now

Dutchnews Survey

Please help us making DutchNews.nl a better read by taking part in a short survey.

Take part now