Russian president Putin to visit the Netherlands

Monday 04 February 2013

Russian president Vladimir Putin is to visit the Netherlands on April 8 at the invitation of queen Beatrix, the state information service RVD said on Monday.

The visit coincides with the start of celebrations to mark 400 years of ties between the Netherlands and Russia. Putin was last in the country in 2005.

I see the Queen plans to bolster undemocratic and dictatorial regimes right to the end of her reign.
Bravo, Trixie.

By Garry | 4 February 2013 4:54 PM

I hope the human rights groups out there are planning demonstrations in protest. This dictator should not be allowed to appear in any Western European country without being held accountable for his country's terrible human rights record and corrupt practices.

By Quince | 4 February 2013 5:34 PM

Hi,
Russian president Putin to visit the Netherlands. If he claims asylum please be careful.

By Terence Hale | 5 February 2013 10:45 AM

It's reassuring to see Netherlands not forgetting to address real issues, such as economic and political integration, in contrast to populism that seems to have been dominant in recent political discourse.

By Vladimir | 5 February 2013 11:28 AM

The details of my life are quite inconsequential.My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard really. Then I became head of KGB PM of Russia, President of Russia, PM again, and then I take over the world! V. Putin aka Dr. Evil

By M | 5 February 2013 3:21 PM

Perhaps she intends to make one final plea to him regarding his horrible record of human rights? She's been too awesome for me to immediately assume the negative.

By Stupid | 5 February 2013 9:08 PM