Wilders to step up international anti-Islam campaign

Thursday 27 December 2012

PVV leader Geert Wilders is to step up his campaign against Islam in 2013, the parliamentarian told Nos television in an interview.

The fight against Islam is a mission for life, Wilders told the broadcaster.

Wilders said he would step up his fight against ‘the biggest sickness’ the Netherlands has had at home and internationally, ‘from Australia to America, from Switzerland to wherever.’

Wilders also again renewed his statement that the Netherlands has a ‘Moroccan problem’. It is Moroccan racism that they rarely rob each other, Wilders said.

We welcome comments on this news item but please keep to our guidelines for contributions.

Just ignore him and eventually he will dry up and slink away.

By M | 27 December 2012 11:13 AM

Wilders is in need of attention. This is very sad and he will pass totally unnoticed.

By the_expat | 27 December 2012 11:22 AM

''The fight against Islam is a mission for life'' the words of a real extremist.

By jason buttle | 27 December 2012 11:28 AM

I think he is just seeking some airtime. His party failed at delivering whatever platform they had, so he know his political movement lost its magic to speak so. Scandals withing his party didn't help either.

By A.L. | 27 December 2012 1:13 PM

Seriously, I would gladly pay Mr. Wilders to learn the art of staying relevant in politics after saying the same crap again and again for eternity

By R | 27 December 2012 2:06 PM

way to go Mr Wilders. Your cause is noble and you have my support (and plenty of more ). Keep doing the good job.!

By sup | 27 December 2012 2:11 PM

I spent Boxing Day evening at a party in the Bijlmer on the 9th floor in a huge flat complex. Everyone was a foreigner there, and nearly everyone had a sad and worrying story to tell about immigration & how they were made to feel extremely unwelcome.

The cheap imported labor helped build NL, let's not forget please.

My sympathy goes out to the foreigners of this country, not the guv.
However, I did take a rain-check on the cow's intestine soup!

Islamic culture is not a threat to NL economy, don't be fooled!

By The visitor | 27 December 2012 3:06 PM

Netherlands had a busness minded and respectable reputation in the international community abroad for liberal, tollerant and democratic practices, but the present free radical is marketing himself for political attention at the expense of national public image internationally. Freedom of speech and expression in the public life and real world has limitations (taking into account neither causing unneccessary insult, hummilation and offence to innocent third parties and nor inciting violence, hate and victimization onto helpless scapegoats in the international community). Its in the interest of national reputation and business deplomacy that such practices are not excercised to the full potential. Do not open the pandora,s box, we do not want to go there by democratic choice or public will.

By Joe Bloggs | 27 December 2012 5:55 PM

How ridiculous. Most, if not all, of the Moroccans I have met in NL have been very nice people. We are a world society. Open your eyes Wilders, we need to accept everyone. Everyone has a place in this world.

By Expatio | 27 December 2012 6:00 PM

Muslims are partly the blame for their condition, they are poorly represented. They need to allow the better leaders in the community to be at the helm.

By Isaac Richards | 27 December 2012 6:22 PM

@The visitor: I'm a foreigner, and never had serious problems of "feeling welcomed". But that boils down mostly to attitudes. I work hard to assimilate, not to bring foreign cultural elements to my behavior and conversation, learning the language etc.

Hard to expected a "welcome" feeling when someone lives 5 years here, doesn't learn the language and keep behaving as if she/he still lived on the country she/he came from.

By A.L. | 27 December 2012 6:27 PM

He is devoured by his own belief.

By ufo | 28 December 2012 8:45 AM

all the ''commenters'' here are unaware of decapitating extremism and living in a constant state of marihuana I guess.Noble cause noble man.This interpretation of Islam is as hazardous as American capitalism.

By el lungo | 28 December 2012 9:17 AM

sad to see how even Dutch media suppress the truth. Your moderators bar all those who support Wilders point of view.

By Morten | 28 December 2012 3:36 PM

some superb sarcasm from the above posters. Thank you, I had a good laugh

By umbongo | 28 December 2012 3:37 PM

it's not just islam that is the threat. I'm no communist, but i agree with Marx, religion is the opiate of the masses. Why do christians think they occupy a higher moral ground than any other religion?

By scraps | 28 December 2012 4:39 PM

@A.L.: That is a giant assumption. I am Canadian and I did learn the language and lived there for four years without EVER feeling welcome. I found that Limburgers were the most friendly but I could barely understand them even though I knew Dutch. The rest of the country seemed way too cliquish to me. I did get to know some incredible people, but in general I found the Dutch VERY hard to get to know and rarely interested in doing so. But my point is: everyone's experience is different and you shouldn't make assumptions about others' experiences.

By Stupid | 28 December 2012 6:37 PM

I can not comprehend his strategy for being hatred to islam.he will not achieve anything except creating hatred among all humanity n peace.

By Umeed khawaja | 28 December 2012 7:17 PM

What, Blondie got tired of picking on the Eastern Europeans? Going back to the old reliable I guess.

By Interested Observer | 29 December 2012 1:26 AM

@ el lungo. I'm pretty sure everyone here is aware of decapitations by extremists.
ps Not everyone in NL smokes weed.

By Donaugh | 29 December 2012 6:14 PM

I was particularly impressed by a video taken in the cradle of the "Arab Spring" which basically means Sunni Muslims hurting, descriminating against, or exterminating anything which is not Sunni Muslim.

This video taken in Tunisia shows a named man, having his head severed. His crime? He became a Christian.

Thank God Wilders and his party are back in popularity And there are patriotic parties sprouting all over Europe

By Marco Borg | 31 December 2012 3:38 AM

Woo!

This is great news! Lets hope some Islamic crazies dont manage to kill him beforehand like all our other brave heroes.

By Yipee | 31 December 2012 8:47 PM

I put Wilders next to Britney Spears :)
They are equally good politicians and equally sensational.

@ stupid : well said ! thanks for your nice input ;)

By duncan | 1 January 2013 4:51 PM

Well, formerly I was a Muslim, and after studying Islamic history and culture, and the Quran, I knew the word,"tolerant",
didn't exist.

By matt | 3 January 2013 3:25 PM

He is a hero and a fighter for freedom. I don't know anyone who can dispute what he says. We in the US are with you Geert.

By Dana Nesbitt | 22 January 2013 2:09 AM

Mr. Geert is 100% right, the world sadly is turning a blind eye to a problem we all are seeing the world over, more so in the Indian sub-continent. I would rate this man as a visionary, it is time the world wakes up sooner than later.

By Barry | 22 January 2013 4:02 PM

Wilders is quite right. And anyone who lives in a large Dutch city and can't see it, is a fool.

By woods | 22 January 2013 5:48 PM

Algeria, Mali, Libya, Egypt, Afghanistan, Pakistan ..... the list goes on and the fanatics keep appearing. It's like an octopus soreading its tentacles. Ignoring them will not work and they do not understand negotiation. At least GW is trying to open the eyes of the blind.

By Jimbo | 22 January 2013 7:01 PM

I'd rather poke my eyes out Barry.

Remember,as a foreigner...you could be next on his scapegoat list. Don't be too smug.

By CW | 22 January 2013 8:52 PM