HBO colleges get own degrees

Graduates from hbo colleges, which call themselves universities of applied science abroad, can take the title Bachelor of Applied Arts (BAA) or Bachelor of Applied Science (BASc), education minister Ronald Plasterk has decided.

The minister said he expects the new titles will be better understood abroad. However, an advisory committee to the minister has warned they only related to the academic systems in Canada, Australia and New Zealand, news agency ANP reported.
For more on this, click here