Saturday 13 August 2022

Idols candidate fails to stop broadcast of his ‘plain bad’ performance

Screenshot Youtube

Screenshot Youtube

A man whose singing was slammed in a television talent show lost his legal bid to have his section cut out of the programme.

The man accused the makers of the Idols programme of deliberately choosing moments in which he did not sing well but judges said in their written ruling his performance was ‘plain bad’, RTL news reports.

The man, named only as Mostafa, wanted to stop the broadcast because he feared it would damage his career as a singer-songwriter. After the recordings he told programme maker Blue Circle he wanted his performance scrapped and threatened them with a €100,000 damages claim.

The court ruled that Mostafa had willingly signed the agreement with Blue Circle and had been put under no pressure to do so.

The show was broadcast on March 23 but the court ruling has only just been made public, RTL says.

Thank you for donating to DutchNews.nl

The DutchNews.nl team would like to thank all the generous readers who have made a donation in recent weeks. Your financial support has helped us to expand our coverage of the coronavirus crisis into the evenings and weekends and make sure you are kept up to date with the latest developments.

DutchNews.nl has been free for 14 years, but without the financial backing of our readers, we would not be able to provide you with fair and accurate news and features about all things Dutch. Your contributions make this possible.

If you have not yet made a donation, but would like to, you can do so via Ideal, credit card or Paypal.