Sunday 20 June 2021

Two girls die of carbon monoxide poisoning

Two girls aged 11 and 12 have died of carbon monoxide poisoning at a house in Huizen, south east of Amsterdam, and a 10-year-old girl is very seriously ill in hospital, news agency ANP reports.


The three girls, all friends, were apparently in the bathroom when the carbon monoxide alarm went off. The parents tried to open the door but when it was eventually smashed down by emergency service workers, the girls were found unconscious inside.

Thank you for donating to DutchNews.nl

The DutchNews.nl team would like to thank all the generous readers who have made a donation in recent weeks. Your financial support has helped us to expand our coverage of the coronavirus crisis into the evenings and weekends and make sure you are kept up to date with the latest developments.

DutchNews.nl has been free for 14 years, but without the financial backing of our readers, we would not be able to provide you with fair and accurate news and features about all things Dutch. Your contributions make this possible.

If you have not yet made a donation, but would like to, you can do so via Ideal, credit card or Paypal.