Friday 02 December 2022

Holloway suspect makes new confession

Joran van der Sloot, main suspect in the disappearance of American teenager Natalee Holloway on the Caribbean island of Aruba in May 2005, has made a second confession, the Telegraaf reports on Monday.


The paper says the statement was made in front of tv cameras from German broadcaster RTL and that a second interview is planned for Frankfurt this week.
Van der Sloot’s father died earlier this month and the youth is thought to be in the Netherlands. Last week he attended his father’s funeral.
In the new interview, Van der Sloot apparently says Holloway’s body was hidden in marshes on the island. Earlier, he told an undercover reporter her body was dumped at sea.
A spokesman for the Aruban justice department said new inquiries had been made on the basis of the latest confession but that ‘it soon became clear this statement is a mixture of lies and fantasy’.
If Joran had wanted to tell the truth, he would have named the exact spot, the spokesman said.

Thank you for donating to DutchNews.nl

The DutchNews.nl team would like to thank all the generous readers who have made a donation in recent weeks. Your financial support has helped us to expand our coverage of the coronavirus crisis into the evenings and weekends and make sure you are kept up to date with the latest developments.

DutchNews.nl has been free for 14 years, but without the financial backing of our readers, we would not be able to provide you with fair and accurate news and features about all things Dutch. Your contributions make this possible.

If you have not yet made a donation, but would like to, you can do so via Ideal, credit card or Paypal.