Facebook Twitter Linkedin Google Plus Tell a Friend
Home| Columns| Features| International| In Dutch| Dictionary| What's On| Jobs| Housing| Expats| Blogs| Books
 
 
««« previousnext »»»

One in five police officers fails new fitness test, half fail to take it at all

Monday 11 March 2013

Some 20% of Dutch police officers did not pass their compulsory fitness test last year, RTL news reported at the weekend.

The test is compulsory for all 40,000 officers who carry a weapon. RTL says 14,000 of them did not take the test and 4,000 were injured. Of the 21,000 officers who did take the test, 4,400 failed.

In February, the AD reported a similar situation in the Dutch armed forces.

© DutchNews.nl



 

Readers' Comments

The test is compulsory for all 40,000 officers who carry a weapon. RTL says 14,000 of them did not take the test

What!? And they still carry a weapon

By Bruce | 11 March 2013 12:38 PM

Well, if they didn't have weapons then I suppose it would be easy to run away from them! LOL ;-)

By Sadie | 11 March 2013 5:33 PM

This is, like, insane. Really insane. Indeed only 44% of all officers carrying a weapon passed the test, leaving 56% who did not pass it.
And we Dutch feel ourselves secure?

By Tom | 11 March 2013 5:39 PM

And there are no donut shops in The Netherlnds!

By M | 12 March 2013 9:46 AM

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Newsletter| RSS| Advertising| Business services| Mobile| Friends| Privacy| Contact| About us| Tell a Friend
Apartments for rent Rondvaart - Amsterdam